iTV.js Framework - Blog
iTV.js goes public!
Posted the 14th of March, 2016 by Peter Hewat.
After many years of reflection, then several months of full time development, I am pleased to announce the public release of the iTV.js Framework.
Who am I?
A couple of interesting projects already exist. The most advanced, feature rich and well structured being, in my opinion, TAL. That said, they all require a fair bit of involvement to get up to speed to start building interesting things. I believe in keeping things as simple and straight forward as possible, yet, feature rich. That is why I have built this framework.
What are it's main features?
- Descriptive approach: extend regular HTML by adding TV centric features.
- Easily bind actions that will be triggered by events.
- Template based widgets.
- Dynamic data binding.
- On the fly HbbTV support if necessary.
- Cross-browser, desktop and tablet/smartphone compatible.
- Less then 5KB once minified and gzipped.
- Write once, deploy everywhere.
- Debugger friendly.
- Extremely easy to use.
iTV.js has been developed behind closed doors until now but is already actively used by iTV professionals. This public launch is aimed at expanding the user base of this exciting new framework.
The first public release is available here: iTV.js v3.1.10
Stay tuned for more updates.